Nationwide Skilled Trades has opening for reliable Welders in the Hampton Roads area.
- Long term/40-60 hours a week
Position: Structural Welder
Pay: Based on interview feedback,
Location: Hampton Roads, VA
Industry: Marine Ship repair
Required Education/Training: High School Education, Technical School preferred
Required Experience: 5+ years as a Structural Welder
Nationwide Skilled Trades is actively seeking talented and highly motivated Structural Welders. Must be able to perform metal welding using a variety of methods – SMAW /Stick, FCAW/Flux Core, GMAW/Aluminum or Mig. In addition, the welder will be involved in the repair, modification, and assembly of various types of metal.
Must meet the required qualifications to be considered:
- Resume or Application
- 3+ years working experience in a shipyard/ship repair environment
- Pass a DRUG TEST and BACKGROUND CHECK
- Must be able to obtain a DBIDS Badge
Additional Requirements if checked:
Testing/Qualifications in: SMAW, FCAW required.
Some positions will require GMAW
Work Environment Summary
- Applicant may be subject to environmental conditions such as cold, heat, exposed to noise, hazards, and confined spaces/close quarters. Applicant must be always aware of work environment.
Physical Conditions for Job Performance
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to lift, stand, walk, kneel, crouch, stoop, use hands and fingers, handle tools, or controls, and talk or hear others. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
We are dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high performing talent who are passionate in what they do. Our employees are the driving force behind our success and reputation for providing top talent amongst skilled trade people and crafts to the clients that we serve. Fundamental to our culture, we have an unwavering commitment to ethics and values. We would love to have you as part of our growing family of professionals.
Nationwide Skilled Trades is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or any characteristic protected by law.