Join Nationwide Skilled Trades, a family-owned shipyard staffing agency that has been serving Hampton Roads for over 30 years. We are hiring Sheetmetal Mechanics with 3+ years of experience.
- Must be able to gain access to military installations.
- Must pass a drug test and background check.
- Possess a high school diploma or GED.
- Security Clearance: No Clearance
- Familiar with various sheet metal types and sizes
- Measure appropriate size of sheet metal
- Read and understand basic drawings, sketches and written requirements
- Complete Habitability work while partnered with higher class mechanics
- Know various materials to include galvanized steel, aluminum, stainless steel, etc.
- Operate and use trade power tools
- Remove and contain the PCB chemical in gasket material
- Ventilation Fabrication
- Read sketches
- Assist advanced mechanics with fabrication process
- Fabricate most sheet metal items, vent, flashing, pans, boxes, etc.
- Learn how to fabricate miscellaneous items (such as bulkhead panels, boxes)
- Equipment Operation (begin training)
- Hand brakes and power brakes
- Sheers (sump and power sheers)
A mechanic must demonstrate a developing understanding of different types of sheetmetal and knowledge of NAVSEA drawings and standards.
- Must be able to read, write and comprehend simple instructions
- Must be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions in written, oral or diagram form
- Must be able to calculate and understand units of measure, including fractions and decimals
- Must know how to measure using a scale and tape measure
- Must be able to function and operate hand tools and power tools with no assistance
- Must be able to wear applicable PPE (Hard hat, safety goggles, gloves, steel toes shoes, ear protection, face shields, Tyvek suits and respirators.
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION PLEASE CONTACT ALYSSA AT 757-963-2211
“Consider it Done” with Nationwide Skilled Trades! Nationwide Skilled Trades has over 31 years+ of experience serving the Shipyard, Construction and Light Industrial industry nationwide and are experts in recruiting, testing and training our employees. We provide staffing and management support for a wide variety of projects, across the nation.
Nationwide Skilled Trades is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or any characteristic protected by law.